he elegance of mid-l9th century town life in the Old South is preserved in this distinctive National Register property.
The 1851 home was saved and meticulously restored by the St. Mary Landmarks Society. It is a magnificent example of Greek Revival-style architecture with its fluted Corinthian columns, upper and lower galleries opening into spacious entrance halls and adjoining double parlors.
Informative, enthusiastic interpreters bring its history and furnishings to life. Antique lovers will be intrigued by distinctive pieces from the 1800’s, including a grand mahogany dining table, an imposing C. Lee bed, silver, cut glass and the original marble mantels. Even the wallpaper represents authentic patterns from historical collections. Antique toys and Civil War artifacts complete the picture of this period.
Hours of Operation
Open daily 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. except designated holidays. Admission.
407 Sterling Road (Hwy. 322)
Franklin, LA 70538-0400
Phone: (337) 828-2092